From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 2 Kudos confuses Lithium

I got a notification that this post received another Kudo.

1) The notification said XXX and 2 other people... The real answer should "eight" since there are 9 kudos on that post.

2) Seems posts with multiple kudos (not sure what number works but 9 fails) do not get added to the "My Kudoed posts" list on my profile page. They also do not seem to be included at the top of the list of Kudos when I look at that list.

Neither of those issues are earth-shaking but they are wrong just the same.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,973 Views)

Hi Ben,

1) This is the default text that is displayed for posts with multiple kudos. We can investigate if this is something that can be updated.

2) This is the same problem referenced the other day. Unfortunately, there is not a solution available at this time.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,963 Views)

@Ben wrote:

1) The notification said XXX and 2 other people... The real answer should "eight" since there are 9 kudos on that post.

I always though that this mean that 3 people very recently gave kudos. Five of the kudos are older and you have probably been notified about them long ago already, so they should not be mentioned again. I want to be notified about "new" activity, not the total count.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,959 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Ben wrote:

I always though that this mean that 3 people very recently gave kudos. Five of the kudos are older and you have probably been notified about them long ago already, so they should not be mentioned again. I want to be notified about "new" activity, not the total count.

OK But I am curious what the new total is and my only option is to go look at the post. The message handles 1, 2 and 3 OK but breaks down after that.

Just my 2 cents,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,954 Views)

The notification is about new activity and I am not sure why it should keep track of global totals. If you also want to see the totals, it should say something like "ABC and x others gave kudos for a new total of xx" or similar.

But yes, I also never seen more than "2" in the notification, so the math might still be off.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,944 Views)