FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT!!! Labview 8.5.1 Activation Issues

I downloaded and installed the labview version from first website. However, I could not find the folder in which to save license file (the one called Licenses) so I created a folder with that name. When I tried to activate Labview 8.5.1 it tells me that my activation number is not applicable for my computer. I am putting up a picture of the message here. Please Help!!!

(Sorry for being so pathetic but I need it asap)

LabView Problem Screen.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,218 Views)

First, did you change the file extension from .txt to .lic?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,009 Views)

yes. that was the first thing i did. it still did not work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,009 Views)

Another thing to try.

1. Start the NI License Manager

2 If  FIRST Robotics Competition is listed, right click on it and select Activate.

3 If FIRST Robotics Competition is not listed, Select Options - Install License File - Browse to the License File you downloaded and double click on it.

You still may need to do step 2.

I had better luck with the License Manager than I did trying to activate via the internet.  I'm trying to remember all the steps, it's been a wihile.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,009 Views)

It may not be necessary to activate LabVIEW anymore. There are less then 30 days until kickoff, and at kickoff you'll get the FRC version. For now, you can use the 30 days demo.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,009 Views)

Divya.P,

Have you looked at the Activating LabVIEW Evaluation for FIRST Participantsdocument.  This document includes detailed instructions for activating LabVIEW for FRC and addresses all of the activation issues we have seen thus far.  After reading this document please let me know if it does not address your issue.

Furthermore there has been several threads on Activation in addition to the above document.  The Community Search feature on this site is very good, and I recommend searching for a solution before starting a new thread.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,009 Views)

yeah i wonder why i didn't think of that (i guess i panicked too much). thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,009 Views)