From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network publised shared variable reading error

We are developing a Labview application that runs in a PC and in a myRIO board, and using network published shared variables to communicate data between PC and myRIO. The variables are hosted in the PC (we have read it's better in myRIO, but before doing this change we'd like to be sure it will work).

The problem is initially myRIO can't read any variable. The error I get is shown in the attached capture (Error -1950679035). After checking several things, like connecting/disconnecting myRIO, launching first the PC application or myRIO's, etc, the variables are rightly read, but I haven't been able to figure out what made it work.

I did a very simple test VI, it reads a boolean shared variable by two ways: by using programmatic access and by a shared variable node. By programmatic access the reading is ok, but by the node I get the error. If I replace the node with programmatic access (contextual menu, "Replace with programmatic access" option), the variable path is different, and I get the same error. In summary, depending on the path of the "shared variable refnum in" parameter, it will work or not:

ni.var.psp://My Computer/VarCompartidas/Control_myRIO -> error

ni.var.psp://ita614/VarCompartidas/Control_myRIO -> ok

(Note: "ita614" is the name of the computer). So it seems Labview doesn't match "My Computer" with the current PC where the VI is running.

How can we fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Javier

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,048 Views)

Greetings,

Can you check this document and tells us the outcome ? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,022 Views)

Hello.

Thank you for your answer. I've checked the document, but no luck, I still get the same error.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,018 Views)

Probably the shared variables are not beeing deployed for some reason. Try to select the library (or the folder) you are keeping those shared variables in and deploy specifically that library/folder. See this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,961 Views)