Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dilemma with the Default and High Throughput FPGA personalities

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I would like to use I²C and Audio Out in the same project using the myRIO hardware, but this doesn't seem to be possible according to this information page: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373925B-01/myriohelp/myrio_fpga_personalities/

I have the toolkit installed and I can switch personalities, but obviously when I use the Audio blocks in the default personality I get the message "The current personality or target does not support this VI. Switch to another personality or change the current target." and vice-versa if I try to use the I²C blocks in the high throughput personality.

Could somebody please explain the reasoning behind these limitations? Is there any way at all to get around this problem? Possibly with a custom FPGA project?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,515 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alkali

Hello Alkali,

yes, if you are building your own or custom FPGA project then it should possible to use both. Use the default personality and under audio you find the audio nodes. In the FPGA vi there are also used.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,434 Views)

Thank you for your help Duffy.

After figuring out how to create and use the custom bitfiles, I have now managed to use I²C and audio in the same project.

I copied the nodes from the "FPGA Main High Throughput" VI and inserted them into the "FPGA Main Default" VI which I then compiled into a bitfile that I now initialise in the beginning of my main program. The audio nodes require a fair amount of resources of the gate array, so I had to delete nodes such as the internal accelerometers and most connections to Port C to successfully compile the bitfile.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,312 Views)