Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we interface daq with myrio

hie 

i want to extact ecg signals using daq and wanted to process them in myrio, can i interface daq6210 directly with myrio.

thanks and regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,662 Views)

Hi,

I am a little unclear on why you would want to interface a DAQ card with the myRIO. You can connect your signals directly to the myRIO and acquire them onto the myRIO's processor or FPGA. You can also do inline signal processing on the myRIO with these acquired signals.

If something is unclear, please refer to the various tutorials available here: http://www.ni.com/myrio/setup/getting-started/

Regards,

Amal

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,642 Views)
hie Actually iam using ekg bta (http://www.vernier.com/products/sensors/ekg-bta/) sensor, but iam not able to acquire signals when it is directly connected to myrio, so i connected ekg-bta with daq and daq to myrio, is this possible ? thanks and regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,622 Views)

Hi,

You need to be more specific than " iam not able to acquire signals when it is directly connected to myrio". 

1)Are you not comfortable with working with myRIO?

2)Or do you think myRIO's technical specs are not good enough to acquire the signal?

Please give more clarity on this and elaborate you exact issue with using myRIO alone.

Secondly, Is there any specific control based or high throughput processing based application to be done in your project? To be very specific, why do you want to involve myRIO in the project?

Regards,

Amal

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,614 Views)

Hi,

to be more specific, I'm  working on ecg aquisition in real time.

I'm using the EKG-BTA (http://www.vernier.com/products/sensors/ekg-bta/) sensor for the same purpose.

now when I'm trying to aquire signals through myrio, problems as follows.

1)output voltage of myrio is just 3.3V(as i observed) which isn't sufficient to drive this sensor.

2) when i'm trying to drive it from other sources, its giving some randon signals but not ECG.

i've attached some files reguarding my project and its output signals please do look at it and suggest a solution.

thankyou

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,577 Views)

Hi,

The first thing is EKG sensor that you are using is compatable with Ni hardwares.

just check the following connections.Connect the following pins to wire the connector:

1) AI0+ to SIG1 of the Analog Proto Board Connector

2) +5V DC power supply to 5V of the Analog Proto Board Connector

3) GROUND power supply to GND of the Analog Proto Board Connector

4) AIGND to GND of the Analog Proto Board Connector

you have provision to have 3.3V,5V,15V from you myrio device. so make the above connection and configure the program. the only thing were you have to be carefull is when you read from analog I/O of myrio you will get only 500 kS/s and 12bit resolution. If you are not getting the proper signal from your Analog Input then you can go for either UART, I2C, comunication protocal to obtail the signal.

hope this helps you...

Kuos are welcome Smiley Wink 

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
Message 6 of 8
(5,496 Views)

Hi 7893665077,

I am sorry I did not reply sooner. I was on vacation and did not have internet access. And, as I returned to work today, I find a pretty awesome answer from santhosh. Please try it out once. To give a better idea into what santhosh said, please refer to the myrio spec sheet here.

Regards,

Amal

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,490 Views)

Hi Amal,

Kudos are welcome for the pretty awesome answer Smiley Very Happy 

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,484 Views)