Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot analog signal fpga i/o from myRIO

Hi,

I have been trying to aquire analog signal from fpga i/o from myRIO. I want to aquire analog signals from 4 channels but i am currently making the code for one channel only. I have made some code to aquire the sine input from the function generator, but i cant plot it. I used cluster and waveform graphs, but it gives error. Finally i attatched a FIFO block to store data. Now i need help in plotting the data. I have attached my vi . Pls help. 

Thank you. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,250 Views)

Hi santamaria,

This example: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4342 

I think is close to what you are trying to accomplish, I would try using this and seeing if you are able to get the results you want, and then building off this a starting point.

In a more basic sense you're going to have to read the data from the FIFO, and then add a start time and delta t to the data in order to plot it. The actual plotting is typically done in a host VI, not on your FPGA target, like in the community example.

Hope this helps!

Selene
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,224 Views)

That means, i will acquire the data on the FPGA target and then use the host VI for futher processing of the aquired data, right?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,219 Views)

Yup! This help document explains the process a little: 

"Using a Host VI to Communicate with the FPGA Target (FPGA Module)"

zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599H-01/lvfpgaconcepts/pfi_comm/

Selene
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,207 Views)