Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga compilation error LabVIEW 2015

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently switched to LabVIEW 2015 and I'm working on NI myRIO. So also installed myRIO 2015 software bundle. The problem I'm having is that the fpga compilation fails within 10 seconds.

CompilationErrorLabVIEWFPGA2015_1.png

and the referred Xilinx log report is empty

CompilationErrorLabVIEWFPGA2015_2.png

The first time when I attempted to compile on 2015 version, it failed and the failed message box came alongwith the avast antivirus warning indicating malicious activity. I reported it as false and now I've tried several times with avast shield control disabled but the results are same. While the labVIEW 2014 version works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,803 Views)

If the same program compiles properly in 2014, my first thought would be that there might be something wrong with the LabVIEW 2015 FPGA Xilinx Vivado 2014.4 installation. I would like to take a look at the configuration report; can you take a screenshot from it?

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,773 Views)

Thank you for replying. While I was compiling again to get the screenshot of reports this error dialog box popped up. It was not seen before. In my previous attempts, the myRIO was not connected thats the only difference I noticed. Well, I'll try installing the software again. I've last installed it from the 2015 myRIO software bundle which I downloaded from NI website.

CompilationErrorLabVIEWFPGA2015_3.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,764 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahmedzahid

Now I am pretty sure there's something wrong with the Vivado installation since that dll is part of it. The dll should be by default in the C:\NIFPGA\programs\Vivado2014_4\lib\win32.o directory if using a 32-bit Operating System AND also in C:\NIFPGA\programs\Vivado2014_4\lib\win64.o if using a 64-bit OS. If the dll is not there, it is even probably that the anti-virus killed it (I have never seen this happening to Xilinx, but I have for other stuff).

I am emphasizing the 2014_4 because LabVIEW 2015 uses Vivado 2014_4 while LabVIEW 2014 uses Vivado 2013_4. Since you also have LabVIEW 2014 installed you must have 2013_4 as well and if it works, you will find the dll there; just wanted to make sure you check the right directory for the Vivado 2014_4.

Download and install (reinstall or repair if already installed) LabVIEW 2015 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools Vivado 2014.4. You can also use the DVD installer if you have it. It would be a good idea to make the installation with the anti-virus disabled and even attempting the first compilation likewise. Try that and let me know if the problem still persists.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahmedzahid

Thank you. The reinstallation of Vivado solved the problem.

success.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,735 Views)

Thanks for the update. I am glad it helped!

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,731 Views)