Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO problems

Hello.

So I had to purchase the myRIO as part of one of my classes in school. I successfully installed all of the software on the two discs, and then ran the setup wizard for the myRIO. It then said that it could not connect to the myRIO (picture attached). I went around this by installing software onto the myRIO through NI MAX. Everything seemed fine for awhile. Now I'm trying to use Analog input/ output with the default FPGA personality on the myRIO and I was getting this error (picture attached). It appears that I don't have the necessary software installed on the myRIO for the default FPGA personality. I attached a picture that shows the software I have installed on the myRIO.

I have all the current software updates for labVIEW and the myRIO. I don't know what to do at this point. I tried reinstalling everything also.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,796 Views)

Hi!

It sounds like something could possibly be corrupted on your myRIO.  Whenever you said that everything seemed fine for a while, what exactly do you mean?  What functionality were you able to get out of your myRIO when it was working?  Also, do you have any more specifics on the errors that you are seeing?

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,765 Views)

Well, everything was fine in the sense that I wasn't using anything that required the FPGA module on the myRIO. Now that I'm trying to use the default FPGA personality I realized that it's not on the myRIO. I updated all of the software via MAX. I'm trying to use the default FPGA personality to create an Analog input/ output, but it's telling me the personality isn't compatible with the peripheral. It tells me to select an FPGA personality in the project browser, but the option isn't available for me, I'm assuming because the FPGA module isn't even installed on the myRIO

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,758 Views)

Hi!

If you are trying to customize the FPGA, then yes, you will need the FPGA module.  I would recommend looking at this document and making sure you have the myRIO set up accordingly:

Required Software for NI myRIO

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14603/en/

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,743 Views)

Hi,

looking the new 2015 manual for myRio SW bundle both 32 and 64 bits system are supported for W7 (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375388a.html), but here http://www.ni.com/download/ni-myrio-software--2015/5727/en/ only 32bits looks supported, what's correct?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,495 Views)

Hi!

I would whatever is stated in the Readme, however, I would also recommend making a new thread for your question since it is different from the original topic.

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,448 Views)