Enhanced Icon Editor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon Editor API

The attached ZIP file contains VIs to GET and SET the icon user layer data, as well as the text layer and template layer data of a VI.

The API does not provide access to the icon data of a library or control right now.

Please notice, that there is no guarantee hat this API is still working in future versions of LabVIEW!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(12,255 Views)

Great API.

I had difficulties when opening it under LV2009. It looks like the linking is not using the symbolic path to the Labview folder.

I had messages like:

The class expected to be at "Program Files:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\plugins\NIIconEditor\Class\Layer\Layer.lvclass" was loaded from "C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\plugins\NIIconEditor\Class\Layer\Layer.lvclass".

It must be noted than I work on a german Windows machine, thus the path to "Programme" instead of "Program Files".

Maybe the symbolic path to <resource> is not possible. Is there a way to fix this?

It would be great to have the icon layers related classes and vis separated from the icon editor itself. This API and the underlying layers classe would likely belong under vi.lib.

The Icon Editor itself would become much lighter, and allow for easier customization.

Also: why again password protect this API? it uses as core the subvis of the icon editor, which are not protected... Does it make sense ot protect the api then?

If the BD was available, maybe someone could finish it and add the few missing vis (set Class icon layers, get/set icon for Controls...)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,687 Views)